TheCi82: this guy I methodical in his descriptions. Not to much info, just enough. great videos. check out his others.
MN Patriot: What size Torx screwdriver was that for the governor arm Dony?
TheCalmbrain: I have a craftsman 13 hp compression seems fine new belt (both) auger/traction it has a high rev but when going through deep snow it wants to bog underload so I back off and do it in chunk wwould the linkage be off and it does have a new carb thank you
Axefiend777: Thank you for this video, You helped me a hell of a lot! Cheers!!
Jay Cole: EXCELLENT instructional video. well done. thanks.
an american to review: so I had to run a new fuel line through my Tecumseh snowblower engine in that processed I did wind up disconnecting the governor control rod and carburetor control rod and the governor control arm was removed and this past Friday I ran that snowblower and it had melted off the exhaust where the exhaust bolts or cherry and fell off so I think that little bit on the governor which I think is what I messed up will help thank you
Semper Fi: donyboy73. Good video. My problem is that the rpm seems fine at light loads but when I get a full "bite" of snow in the intake the engine does not seem to rev up to take care of the extra load. The rpm seems just to stay the same and the snow is thrown 4 feet instead of 30 feet like it used to be. When I stop advancing the snow blower the distance comes back. Would the solution be the adjusting screw on the throttle linkage?
John Hodge: that's the one that pop off and made my crank go through the casing
William Fitzgerald: with mine unless it is under load the engine speeds up then slows down is this the governor?
jim machen: hi
Jay Landry: Whats the proper RPM for that engine at full speed?
roger shimshim: thank you
utube4361: First off a big thanks for all your videos on the Techumseh engine, I have been successful in fixing every problem I have had with your help. At the moment my governor is kinda out of wack I think, my motor runs like a champ on slow idle but surges a fit at fast idle, the carb has been cleaned and rebuilt, all new gaskets on intake, new fuel line, tank cleaned and fresh fuel, I am hoping I just messed up the governor setting (yes I stupidly removed the governor arm when I took off the carb). This video was just what I needed just one question does the throttle lever have to be in low run, high run or off position to make these adjustments or does it matter? And what is the recommended RPM setting at high and low speeds?
Chad Rivet: Thanks Don! As always, you are my go-to for my small engine issues! As you mentioned, I replaced the carburetor and took off the governor arm for the linkages and didn't re-install it in the correct position. At full throttle I was turning at 4200 RPM!
Fiditti: Thank you very much for sharing your insights with us!! You have helped me a lot on many occasions.
David Struver: On the engine in this video, is there a governor spring attached anywhere ? I am about to replace the carb on an identical engine. All I see is the two linkage rods hooked into top of governor rod. One to throttle lever, other to carb throttle plate. Thanks for doing the videos, they help alot of folks.
Dominique Richer: Hi Donyboy73, my snowblower sometimes stalls when it revs low due to heavy snow. When it has to work harder. Like the mixture is not right. Maybe not enough gaz. But runs fine in lighter conditions. I think maybe my linkage rod to the butterly plate in not in the right hole. What do you think? What happened when you move the rod to the other holes? Thanks.
Mahesh C: I bought a replacement carburetor and holes on the plate with spring do not exactly match so I need to make a new link from Governor arm to throttle valve plate(with the retractable spring) . In the highest manual throttle position, the throttle valve plate opening should be 75%, leaving 25% room for any extra load the snowblower may see. If you max out throttle valve opening with highest manual throttle setting, then there won't be any room left. Is this correct? Also, is it okay to use big hole on plate, it will give some play. On the old carb, the connecting pin was inserted in smaller holes on the plate.
GmGarlo: hey donny , i can't find your video on you using a tachometer . could you send me the link to that one because it seemed to work quite good. if there is a tachometer you find is a good one please let me know and keep up the great videos ,THERE GREAT!!!
HOW TO ADJUST SNOWBLOWER ENGINE SPEED GOVERNOR5
out of 5